Thursday, November 09, 2006

I'm sorry, but I'm back and I have FOs

Apologies for the lack of blog for the last few days. I started a new job on Monday. I won't tell you much about it but it's with a well-known high street store. Anyway this is my first day off so this is the first time I've had either the time or energy to blog.

So, in order to placate the Gods of Blogdom I have lots of FOs to show you.

Firstly the Toe-Up Crenelated Sock

The eagle-eyed among you will have spotted that there is only one sock in this picture. This is because this FO is a slight cheat. There are indeed two socks but they do not match, one is longer and wider than the other and the cuff is shorter. They are not quite a pair. The other sock, which is condemned to the workbox downstairs as punishment, needs to be frogged and re knitted from about an inch after its highly illogical Bosnian Toe Square - those Balkans sure know how to have fun.

Nextly there is a pair of fingerless gloves in luminous colours - these are for me, but are destined to be felted before wearing as they are a tad on the baggy side.
I am pretending that I meant to knit them that way. Anyone who knows me better might suspect that this is due to my complete inability to knit swatches before starting. I have only one thing to say to them - it's a pair of gloves - a swatch would be bigger and take longer - it's not like they even have fingers! Anyone who remarks that only an idiot would knit two gloves which are both too big will be sent to their room with no dinner.


Finally, we have something that I am really chuffed with. So chuffed in fact that even though these were knitted for the Evilpixie I want them. As there is a snowball in hell's chance of the Evilpixie letting me keep these I am going to have to knit myself a pair.
These are the totally wonderful Fetching from the summer issue of Knitty. They were knitted in some Rowan Designer from the stash and the good news is that I have more of it and I have it in blue and green too so I can have three pairs if I want. And do you have any idea how hard it is to take a photo of your left hand wearing a glovey thing with just your right hand while trying to not stand in the way of the last few rays of light coming in the window?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on the new job. My favourite high st store is John Lewis (by a long way).

I love the knitting, especially the colours in the odd sock and the gloves.

As ever, I am lost in admiration. Even one, or odd, socks would be beyond my dreams.

Karen (Euro Crime) said...

Well done you, on the new job. Keep the knitting pictures coming, you're inspiring me, at least enough to possibly ask my mum to knit me some of the cable fingerless mitteny things :-).