Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Greetings of the Season to All!

Merry Christmas, or the seasonal greeting of your choice, to everyone.


I had a wonderful Christmas Day with many many knitterly gifts, and a wonderful lunch cooked by Pete.




I think I can safely say that I've never had such a relaxing Christmas Day, as all the cooking was done by Pete. There was no stress, no hassle, just lots of lovely food. Thank you to both Pete and the Evilpixie for a great day.




And there were gifts too! Lots of wonderful knitterly things -




The fantastic Stitch 'n Bitch Calendar, with hints, tips, patterns etc for every day of the year.









The very funny, Not Tonight Darling, I'm Knitting by Betsy Hosegood.







Mason-Dixon Knitting, which looks really great, from my SIL, Beryl and her husband Roy.


I've already seen several things I want to knit from it.







Spin to Knit by Sharon Okey. I really can't wait to get stuck back into trying to learn to spin, so I can attempt some of the projects in this book.





Greetings from Knit Cafe. This is real eye-candy stuff. Now why is my LYS not like this. Probably just as well as I'd never ever leave.



And just to show that I did manage to get the Christmas knitting done - here is Pete modelling his new Camoflage Dog-Walking Socks. I also managed to finish the Evilpixie's stripy hat. Photos tomorrow.



And just in case you thought that booky things were not received too I also got this - 501 Must-Read Books. I'm quite pleased to say that I've actually already read 65 of the books listed. I'm determined to try and read a few more over the next year. I was a little disappointed with the few crime novels that were selected, not what I would have chosen as ones that must be read. But that's a whole other post.





Finally, just a little postscript, which is in memory of my father who died five years ago today. He was a lovely man, with a wicked sense of humour. I still miss him loads. I got my love of books from him, which is probably the best thing anyone could ever give their daughter. He introduced me to The West Wing (which is my favourite TV programme ever) and I introduced him to the novels of James Lee Burke. I'd say that was fair exchange, wouldn't you?

1 comment:

Joanna said...

Great books, looks like you did well! I've read great things about that spin to knit book, wishing you well for New Year!