Monday, January 08, 2007

A Trip to Oxford

I just realised that I didn't blog about my day out to Oxford last week. It was Wednesday and comprised a morning mooching around bookshops, a cup of coffee at Starbucks and a visit to my MIL.


I had quite a successful morning in the bookshops, getting all these -




That's (from the top) Coronado by Dennis Lehane, a wonderful collection of short stories that I've been after for a while (half price in the Borders sale); How to be Lost by Amanda Eyre Ward, Pete spotted this and thought I'd like it; The Terracotta Dog by Andrea Camilleri, because I've been wanting to read this for a while; The Camel Bookmobile by Masha Hamilton, because it's a proof and it's NYP, and it just looks interesting; Food Lovers Guide to Texas, because we might get there one day and will probably want to eat when we do; A Crime in the Neighborhood by Suzanne Berne, again it looks very interesting; The Moon Tunnel by Jim Kelly, because he was recommended to me by Dee at work; and last but by no means least No Good Deeds by Laura Lippman, because I love Tess Monaghan and I have all the others. These were all charity shop / secondhand shop finds except the Dennis Lehane so I was pretty pleased with my haul.

Oh, and Borders had the Winter issue of Spin Off so I got that too.

I think I need to learn to read faster!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The Camel Bookmobile sounds interesting. Does it look like it might be crime fiction? A book is stolen ...