Sunday, February 25, 2007

I'm Just a Girl Who Can't Say No

Despite being nervous about my radio appearance, and almost wishing I hadn't volunteered, when the researcher rang me up on Thurday to ask me to do another one, I said I would.

The first radio review seems to have gone OK, at least I don't think I said anything too dumb, or that sounded pretentious. Anyway I said I'd do another one for them, but so far the book hasn't arrived. It will be The Illusion of Return by Samir El-Youseff (if it turns up).

This has given me time to finish reading the Robert Goddard (Never Go Back), which I am reviewing for Eurocrime. I'll post more about it once I've written the review and sent it off.

I have a choice now of 2 books, one of which is for crime reading group, so I'd better start with that one - it's The Fire Baby by Jim Kelly.

I went to an author event at Walsall Library on Friday night. Lyndsey Davis was reading from Saturnalia and talking about how she started writing. It was really interesting, and I got her to sign my copy of The Silver Pigs, which is far and away my favourite of the Falco books. Well done to Walsall Libraries for getting such a great writer to speak there.

Knitting news - I have finished knitting the Neck-down Zip-up cardigan for Pete, and I had JUST enough wool, though I had to unravel my tension swatch to have enough to cast off. I also finished the left front of the Knit Cafe Hoody. No photos yet but I will block them both and put the zip in Pete's cardigan before photographing.

Now I'm going to do some spinning while keeping an eye on the Carling Cup Final.

No comments: