Friday, April 20, 2007

Socks!

I'm really not sure where the week has gone. I'm having trouble with the fact that Friday seems to have sneeked up on me already.


I have finished the Cherry Tree Hill Crusoe Socks -

They were an absolute joy to knit. It was the first time I'd used that yarn (Cherry Tree Hill Supersock in Brights #1) and I was very impressed. The pattern knitted up very quickly and I like the way it turned out - there is a little pooling of the colours but nothing very major - I can live with it. And I still have about 55g of yarn left - should be able to get another pair of short socks out of that.

In books, I have finished A Fine Dark Line by Joe R Lansdale and will post about it over the weekend. It was a book that deserves a post to itself - I don't read too many of those!

I started The Ambitious Stepmother by Fidelis Morgan but couldn't get on with it somehow. This is for reading group, and I had been looking forward to it. Everyone keeps telling me how great these books are. Perhaps it was just that I was so absorbed by the Lansdale (which is a very different type of book) that the contrast was just too great. I just found it irritating. Perhaps I wasn't in the right frame of mind.

Anyway I have passed it up and started Triptych by Karin Slaughter. Murder, mayhem and serial killers - much more my kind of thing.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I like Karin Slaughter. I'm quite looking forward to Triptych even though it is a standalone. I don't think it is out in PB yet, though. Hope not, I have about 300 others on my reading pile as it is..

Socks are a great colour!