Tuesday, May 08, 2007

I Sooooooo Love These Socks.......




They are the totally wonderful BPM from Knitty.com. I knew as soon as I saw them that I wanted to knit them, and when I was rummaging in my stash yesterday I found 2 balls of black sock yarn so that was that. This is the first time I've knitted with different colours since I started knitting again, though I used to do quite a bit - I distinctly remember a couple of really hideous 1980s picture sweaters. So far it's going Ok, though I have got in a bit of a mess with the two balls getting tangled a few times. Ok, it was more than a few, but I don't think I swore. Well, not much anyway.

It was going to be an experiment in knitting socks on 2 circulars as well, but I found I didn't have any in the size I needed, so they will be done as usual on DPNs. They are really great fun to knit - and they have the added advantage that the 2 socks are different so there should be no problems with the dreaded second sock syndrome.

Gotta go - aliens to zap knit

2 comments:

Joanna said...

Great socks, go zap sorry knit those aliens!!

Anonymous said...

so pat you are doing the socks!!!!
debbie (the rebel sock knitter)