Sunday, May 06, 2007

Ware! Knitting Content!

Just in case you were starting to wonder, I have been knitting (and spinning too).

And I have photos to prove it!

Firstly here is my first attempt at Navaho Plying. It's a little overspun in places, but not bad for a first attempt.



Then I have some Merino/Nylon mix that is destined for socks in a lovely colourway that I am calling Pippin. This is also Navaho Plied - once I got started I just couldn't stop. I shall cast about on the net and in my various sock books for a suitable pattern for this later today. Nothing too complicated, I want the yarn to be the main feature, not the pattern, but something with cables maybe.



There is also this which is the last of the Shetland from Joyce's Raspberry Ripple Scarf project. This is destined to be part of a present too, but I can't reveal what it will be yet.


As well as all that spinning, which was done yesterday, while everyone was out and I had the house to myself for a change, I have done a little actual knitting. There's this -



Destined to be felted, and also a present, so more on that later, once it's been in the washer and is complete.

I'm still knitting the pink socks for the Evil Pixie, but they are just dull old plain socks, so I shan't photograph them until they're finished.


And I got this in the post on Friday -


Spring issue of Interweave Knits, the first of my subscription. It's the first one I've managed to get my hands on and I'm really impressed, so much better than what is available in the UK. There's a fantastic Top-down Cable Raglan Pullover in there that just has my name all over it. I do love top-down jumpers - no sewing up to be done!

Irritatingly, I'm still waiting for my first issue of Spin Off which seems to have got lost in transit. I've reported it as missing so hopefully the replacement will arrive soon.

I've been suffering really badly with hay fever this week. Whenever I go outside my eyes feel all puffy and itchy and I feel like I have a head full of cotton wool. There is nothing for it. I shall just have to stay inside and knit. Curses.

No comments: