Monday, July 09, 2007

Luna Moth

Look, look, the Luna Moth Shawl - she is finished and she is beautiful......

Here's a close up of the pattern -



I am inordinately proud of this. It's my first real attempt at lace and although it wasn't the most complicated pattern ever I have managed not to make any glaring errors, or had to tink too much of it too many times. Almost no swearing was involved in this shawl, which probably means it wasn't very complicated at all really. But I don't care.

Today has been a running around catching up sort of day, as I have worked 6 out of the last 7 days. So there was some hideous housework to be done, even ironing (not my favourite). And all sorts of other dull stuff. But I have got 2 reviews almost finished and am started on a new book so I'm making headway with the backlog.

And after a couple of days when I was almost without knitting (shock horror) I have succumbed to the temptation and cast on the French Market Bag from knitty.com. Yes, I realise that this is yet another adventure with felting, which may not appear wise after the last failure, but I totally blame Celtic Memory Jo and Lene because they gave me the idea in the first place. And Lene's bag is totally wonderful - mine will have no beautiful embroidered butterflies, but I hope will be sturdy and useful, which is the general point after all. Mine will be blue/grey, using some aran weight pure wool from the stash.

And, yes, I have knitted a swatch, and run it through the washer to check it would felt. What kind of an idiot do you think I am? Answers on a postcard....


No comments: