Thursday, April 16, 2009

In Which I Make a Terrible Confession......

.......I've been doing this in secret for the last week. I am so ashamed. I didn't want to have to admit to you all but....I've been reading translated crime. What's more I've been reading translated Scandinavian crime. Even more shocking - I have been enjoying it.

Now is the time to come clean. This week I read The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo.

And liked it.

A stray copy came my way so I thought I'd have a little browse to see what all the fuss was about. Fifty pages in and I was totally hooked, couldn't put it down. Now, I know that I swore I would never touch a book in this genre ever again, but you know, I think I might just have to read at least two more - I'll have to finish the trilogy now won't I?

1 comment:

Leigh Russell said...

I've got the perfect way for you to clear your conscience - read some home grown crime fiction, written in English in England by an English author, published in England, set in England - in fact, how about Cut Short by Leigh Russell?...

...and if that's not a shameless plug, I don't know what is!